Opening an Applicant File
Applicant Files are created when applicants submit their electronic application for one of your open positions. They can be accessed from the Talent tab and/or a Job's Applicant Queue.
Applicant Files from the Talent Tab
The Talent tab showcases a list of all applicants for your assigned jobs, regardless of the job to which they've applied. To process an applicant directly from the Talent Tab, search for an applicant or use filters to narrow down the list and click the applicant's name. The Applicant File will open, and you can begin the steps of reviewing and processing the submitted application.
Note: If an applicant applies to multiple jobs at your company, they will be listed multiple times in Talent, as each submission creates a new applicant file.
Applicant Files from the Applicant Queue
Each Job contains an Applicant Queue that lists every applicant for a particular Job. To view applicants for a specific job, click on Jobs and then select the Job Title from the list. When you open a job, the Applicant Queue displays. You can click the name of an applicant to open their Applicant File.
You can return to the Job's Applicant Queue by clicking on the Job Title or use the arrows above the Applicant Profile section to toggle between next and previous applicants.
- Once you open an Applicant File, you can review the Applicant Profile.
- Applicant Information: The applicant's personal contact information entered by the applicant appears at the top of the applicant file, including first and last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address as well as the assigned applicant flag.
- Job Details: The job details tab includes the applicant's applied date, position, department, address, and applicant source.
- Overall Score: The Overall Score is displayed on the top right of the Applicant File for applicant comparisons and comes directly from the Overall Score field from within the Score Card.
- The elements assigned to the job will create the application.
- Details: This tab provides a list of all application elements (Part 1 and Part 2) as well as initiated workflow steps for the purpose of review and processing. Click the element name or the steps to review the content and enter internal comments.
- Score Card: Each score-able element can be found on this tab. Click each element to see the element's content and to score the individual element. Click "Overall" to provide an overall rating of 1 to 5 stars.
Applicant Processing Tools
Users will frequently work within individual Applicant Files to review the job applicant's submission contents and process the applicant through to an ultimate hire or rejection.
1. Stages: The Stages tab contains each of the stages (and associated steps within a stage) contained in the workflow selected for the job. Click on the stage name (or step name within a stage) to initiate the associated action.
- A Stage is a milestone that you will come across in your hiring process: Received, Review, Qualified, Interviews, References, Offer, Hired, and Reject.
- A Step is an action item to be taken while an applicant is in a given Stage and is used for evaluation, communication, assessment, etc. Clicking on the Step Name will initiate the associated action, such as setting up a phone screen, interview, reference check, etc.
2. Applicant Messages: From this tab, you can create, send, and receive applicant email messages.
3. Comments: The Comments tab is a collection of all comments, standard text and voice, made throughout the applicant file or made directly on this tab. This includes using the @mention feature to collaborate with members of your Hiring Team by typing an “@” and the person’s name with whom you’d like to communicate.
4. Streams: The Streams tab shows all processing and communication activities produced throughout the applicant file, which includes actions such as stage changes, processing updates, messages, etc.
Applicants of a particular job should all be consistently processed using the Stages and Steps of the Workflow assigned to that job. All new applicants are automatically assigned to the Received Stage. Subsequent stages of the job's workflow will be updated automatically when the first step of a new stage is initiated.
- Click the Stages tab to display the Workflow or guide for what actions should be taken in your recruiting process.
- The information provided by the applicant will be on the left in the Details tab. Clicking on the various element titles within each section of Part One, such as Resume, Cover Letter, Employment History, Education History, or Question Sets, will display the information in the center window.
- When reviewing the elements within each section of an applicant file, you can click the Like button to provide a thumbs up, thumbs down, or neutral score to each if desired.
- Clicking the step name Review File and using the button to MARK STEP COMPLETE will move the applicant from Received into the Review Stage.
- To reverse the action, click "Review File" and then click "MARK STEP AS NOT COMPLETE."
- If Multi-part Job Postings are enabled, click the step name Send Part 2 of the Application to invite the applicant to submit the remaining parts of the application.
- Proceed to click on the remaining step name hyperlinks in order. Some steps will have assigned email templates while others have more functionality, such as scheduling interviews or requesting references.
- Once a step with an action item is initiated, you will see the following:
1. If items within a step have been initiated but are still outstanding, the checkbox icon will show as orange so you know action still needs to be taken. When all action items within a step are completed, the checkbox icon will be green.
2. The step name such as "First Interview" will appear in the Processing section of the applicant file.
3. Clicking the step name from the Processing section of the Details tab will display pertinent information related to the step in the center window.
- All applicants within a Job are considered active until they are either hired or rejected. It is best practice to click "Hire" or "Reject" in an Applicant File when a hiring decision is made.
Note: Users can manually move an applicant to a workflow stage by using the Current Stage dropdown with the exception of the Hired and Rejected stages.