For each application submitted, an applicant file will be created. The contents of an applicant file vary according to the job template that was used to post the job.
The following is a list of all elements that can make up the application section of a job applicant's file:
- Cover Letter
- Employment History
- Education History
- Question Set(s) (Auto-scored, Standard, and/or File Upload/Required Documents)
As the hiring team processes the applicant through the various stages and steps of the assigned workflow, additional elements will be added to the applicant file as actions are taken. The following examples of possible workflow elements that may be added to a job applicant's file include:
- Phone Screen
- Part 2
- Custom Steps
The Applicant File Explained
Users will frequently work within individual Applicant Files to review the job applicant's submission contents and process the applicant through a number of stages and steps to an ultimate hire or rejection. Applicant Files can be accessed from the Talent Tab or from the Applicant Queue within each job.
When a member of the job's hiring team opens an Applicant File, it will show as "opened" for all others on the same team. The applicants will no longer be in bold text in either the Applicant Queue, the Newest Applicants inbox of your Home tab, or your dashboard metrics, including the job's opened applicant counts, and the Job Tile will be updated. Similarly, if a member of the hiring team marks an Applicant File as new, it will show as new for all and update the above system locations in reverse.
The following sections are available in the Applicant File:
- Applicant Information: The applicant's personal contact information entered by the applicant including first and last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address as well as the assigned applicant flag are located at the top of the applicant file.
- Job Details: The job details tab includes the applicant's applied date, position, department, address, and applicant source.
- Overall Score: The Overall Score is displayed on the top right of the Applicant File for applicant comparisons and comes directly from the Overall Score field from within the Score Card.
- Details: This tab provides a list of all application elements (Part 1 and Part 2) as well as initiated workflow steps for the purpose of review and processing. Click the element name or the steps to review the content and enter internal comments.
- Score Card: Each score-able element can be found on this tab. Click each element to see the element's content and to score the individual element. Click "Overall" to provide an overall rating of 1 to 5 stars.
- Stages: The Stages tab contains each of the stages (and associated steps within a stage) contained in the workflow selected for the job. Click on the stage name (or step name within a stage) to initiate the associated action.
- Applicant Messages: From this tab, you can create, send, and receive applicant email messages.
- Comments: The Comments tab is a collection of all comments, standard text and voice, made throughout the applicant file or made directly on this tab.
- Streams: The Streams tab shows all processing and communication activities produced throughout the applicant file, which includes actions such as stage changes, processing updates, messages, etc.
Applicant File Workflow
- Stages: The Stages tab contains each of the stages and associated steps within a stage contained in the workflow selected for the job. Click on the stage name or step within a stage to initiate the associated action, such as phone screen or initial formal interview. The order in which they are initiated will be the same order in which they appear in the processing section of the applicant file details, except for Attachments and References which will always be present.
a. Initial Formal Interview
b. Phone Screen
Note: All applicants remain tied to and associated with the job to which they've applied. If an applicant applies to multiple jobs, each application will create a new applicant file.