If the Onboarding Module has been activated by your Account Administrator and is fully configured, permitted users can begin the onboarding process once an applicant has been hired in the system. When an applicant's stage is change to "Hired" a New Hire File is created automatically. System users can then assign and request that New Hires complete the designated onboarding package and forms assigned to them.
The New Hire Onboarding Experience
Initiate New Hire Onboarding
- From within your hiring system, open your user settings by clicking on your name in the upper right corner and select Onboarding.
- When Onboarding opens, you will be on the New Hires tab which contains the Onboarding Queue of all hires.
- All new hires will be in Stage 1 of onboarding with a status of Not Started.
- To open the New Hire File of a new employee, click the employee's name from the queue.
- Initiate the onboarding of a new hire by selecting the green button Click to begin Onboarding.
- Click Select Package and assign an available package from the dropdown. When selected, the assembled forms will be pre-populated in the Package and Forms section.
- Use the arrows to drag and drop the forms to move them to a different location. This order is how they will appear to the new hire. (Moving the forms within the new hire file will not alter the order of the original package.)
- Discard unwanted forms by selecting Remove. (Removing forms from the new hire file will not alter the original package.)
- Include additional forms by clicking +ADD INDIVIDUAL FORM and clicking Add to select a form from the library.
- Review the default onboarding message template and edit as needed with the text editor to include the specific onboarding content that will be emailed to the hire. (Making changes to the text from this window will not alter future uses of the template for other new hires.)
- When the onboarding message is complete, click SEND FORMS TO NEW HIRE.
- Once sent, the Onboarding Status will be changed to Stage 2: In Progress.
- The New Hire File will be updated with the chosen package and/or forms, and the employee will receive their Onboarding Request to register and begin completing the requested information.
- As the onboarding forms and required fields are completed by the new hire and employer, the New Hire File will be updated accordingly in the panel of the New Hire File.
- The status of each completed form will be reflected in the New Hire File in real-time. View the New Hire Completion Details of individual assigned forms by clicking on the form name.
Note: If the new hire is not listed in the Onboarding Queue, return to their Applicant File to confirm they have been hired and their current Stage is set to "Hired." Follow the prompts to hire the applicant if they are in any stage other than Hired or Rejected.
The New Hire Onboarding Experience
When you initiate onboarding for a new hire, they will receive an email containing a link to all assigned onboarding documents in a secure new hire site. The new hire must create a password to access the onboarding checklist and can then follow the provided instructions to complete and submit all required forms.
- The new hire will receive an emailed Onboarding Request with your organization's message and a link to register before accessing their personalized Onboarding Checklist.
- Since onboarding often requires personal information, the new hire will need to click the Register button and follow prompts to add a password to create their onboarding account. The email cannot be changed from this registration screen, as it links to their initial job application.
- Once the New Hire is registered and logged in to the onboarding module, they will have access to their Onboarding Checklist. Each form assigned to the new hire will appear as an individual item on their checklist.
- As the New Hire fills out the form, they can click SAVE AND CONTINUE to move onto the next form or select FINISH LATER to come back and complete the process at a different time.
- Each fillable form will require the New Hire to click the Get Started button and then move through each field by selecting Next, Continue, and finally I Agree to legally e-sign the document. When completed, the checkbox will appear with a checkmark.
- The New Hire can then click SAVE AND CONTINUE to follow all remaining onboarding directions.
- When each item on the Onboarding Checklist is complete, the New Hire will click ADD.