A New Hire File is created when Onboarding has been configured and a candidate is moved from any workflow stage to "hired" in your Applicant Tracking System. Users can then work within individual New Hire Files to collect and process New Hire information as required by your organization. All hires remain tied to and associated with the job to which they've applied, and the New Hire File will link directly back to their full Applicant File. This allows users to access application materials and enhanced hiring metrics easily within the system.
New Hire Files allow Account Administrators to collect additional data not provided within the application and include organizational information that can be exported in one file for payroll or other HR information systems. To open New Hire Files, select "Onboarding" from the User Profile drop-down in the upper right corner, find the New Hire, and then click their name. The New Hire File will open, and you can begin the process to complete the record.
The header of each New Hire File will contain the person's name and vital contact information, job details, application details, and Tags. The fields and values displayed within the New Hire record are based on the configuration of the New Hire Profile. For changes, please contact your system administrator.
Users will work within individual New Hire Files to onboard the candidate through a number of stages and steps. New Hire Files can be accessed from the Onboarding Queue. The following sections are available in the New Hire File:
- Contact Information: The hire's personal contact information, entered as an applicant, is available including first and last name, phone number, email address, mailing address, and Applicant file link.
- Job Information: The job information section includes the job title, department, and location.
- Key Dates: The key dates of the New Hire such as the applied date and hired date are shown for reference.
- New Hire Tools: System users can use the tools to Print File, Nudge to Complete, or use Tags.
Each New Hire File displays the current onboarding status to indicate where the new hire is in the onboarding process. There are three possible statuses:
- Stage 1: Not Started: When a New Hire File is created, the status is set to Not Started.
- Stage 2: In Progress: Once onboarding is initiated and the registration invitation is sent, the status will change to In Progress.
- Stage 3: Complete: If all required fields are complete, the Admin must change the status to "Complete" manually.
Once an onboarding package and forms are assigned and sent to the New Hire, the HR representative can obtain supplemental information from new hires using the messaging tools provided directly within each New Hire File. Message templates can be personalized before sending.
- New Hire Profile: The New Hire Profile tab contains the configuration of fields, and assigned packages of forms contained in the onboarding workflow selected for the new hire. Clicking on the assigned form name will display the content, associated actions, and completion details.
- Messages: From this tab, you can create, send, and receive onboarding email/text messages.
- Comments: The Comments tab is a collection of all comments, standard text and voice, made throughout the New Hire File or made directly on this tab.
- Stream: The Streams tab shows all processing and communication activities produced throughout the New Hire File, which includes actions such as status changes, processing updates, messages, comments, attachment uploads, etc.
- Attachments: The Attachments tab shows all documents that have been sent, received, and manually uploaded.
The HR representative can enter company-required information on the New Hire Profile tab of the file at any time. Once the new hire provides the supplemental information, and the HR representative has completed all required fields and signatures, the "Onboarding Status" should be changed to "Completed" manually by clicking "MARK FILE COMPLETE." At this point, the new hire data file can be exported by following these steps for available New Hire Export options.