A source tracking link is a unique URL that directs applicants directly to a specific job posting from wherever that link is found. Any user assigned to a particular Job can create a job-specific tracking link. Once you generate and copy a tracking link, it can be added to any website. When a job seeker clicks that link and submits an application, the applicant's file captures and reflects the source of that applicant. Examples of tracking link sources are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and niche job boards. Tracking links are generated on a job-by-job basis to promote individual positions.
Follow these steps to generate a tracking link:
- Open a Job and select the Applicant Sources tab.
- Click Generate New Tracking Link.
- On the pop-up, Select Source by using the drop-down to select an existing source, add an optional Note, and then click GENERATE.
- If the desired source is not available, a new Applicant Source can be created.
- Copy the newly-created link to your clipboard and paste it on a website of your choice.