Processing applicants results in hiring the best candidates with the majority of applicants ending up in the Rejected stage. The Stage Movement Report provides insight on how applicants are progressing through your hiring process. Since the Rejected stage isn't considered an active stage of the workflow, it is excluded from this report. The report includes a visual display and grid of how many applicants are in the active stages of your workflow, the advance rate of your applicants throughout the stages, and the average length of time applicants are in specific stages. Analyzing this data can help determine how applicant processing trends are impacting your hiring process. The data can be sorted in ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headers.
Stage Movement Calculations
- Count - The number of applicants who have been in that stage. If an applicant skips over a stage moving on to another stage, they will be counted as having entered the previous stages.
- Advance Rate - The percentage of applicants who moved from a stage to a subsequent stage. Applicants are excluded from the calculation if they remain in an existing stage or have been Rejected. If an applicant skips one or more stages, they will have been considered to have advanced through those stages. For example, if an applicant went from Received to Interview (skipping the Review and Qualified stages), the applicant is considered to have advanced through those stages, therefore adding to their Advance Rate.
- Average Days in Stage - The average number of days between the applicant entering a stage and the applicant moving to another stage. If an applicant skips over a stage, they will be excluded from this calculation, as they did not have any time in a stage.
View the Stage Movement Report
- Click Reports from the main menu.
- Open the report by selecting Stage Movement from the System Report list.
- To filter the results, click +Customize, select the data fields, and click Apply to confirm.
- If customized, save the report for future use by clicking the gear icon to Save Report As.
- To use the Stage Movement Report outside of your hiring system, click the gear icon and select Export.
If exported, the report will be delivered as an emailed attachment in .csv format and will contain the report name and list the filters that were applied when creating the report. If available, the corresponding report graph(s) will be attached as separate files. Depending on the size of the data set you are exporting, the report may not be received immediately.