Once you decide to interview an applicant, you can use the stages and steps which were assigned to the workflow and appear in each applicant file for that particular job. This sets your hiring team up for success by consistently processing every applicant.
Account administrators or users with permissions would have assigned an interview message template to each interview step (phone, virtual, in-person) when the job template was created or posted. When requesting applicant interviews for the same job, the interview request email will be identical, unless individual changes are made in the Applicant File.
Follow the steps below to schedule any interview associated with the job’s workflow:
- Open an Applicant File.
- Click the check box for the Interview Stage and confirm if you "Would you like to move the applicant into this stage?" or not. This will only move the applicant to this stage and will not schedule an interview automatically.
- Proceed to click on the step name to initiate the interview options and calendar.
- Review and select the interview options from the workflow stages panel.
- Select the Event Duration.
- Click the interview day and then click one or more times during that day to offer to the applicant.
- To send additional times on one ore more different days use the "Calendar" button to return to the calendar view and select another date. Repeat the step above to select one or more times.
- Review the selected dates and times you are offering the applicant and remove unwanted selections by clicking the red X.
- Use the panel to review the assigned message template or email content the applicant will receive.
- Use the Add Attachment button to include files.
- Click Send to email the applicant.
The applicant will receive your email to confirm an interview date and time and provide a written reply. A copy of the interview request and applicant replies will be stored in the Applicant Messages tab within their Applicant File.
Note: The selected interview email templates are created and stored in the message templates library. If you make changes to the email when scheduling an applicant interview, it will not alter the standard template for other candidates. The changes will only apply for that specific applicant.