References, an Applicant Element, is used to seek reference information from applicants. These reference settings are applied to all job templates and posted jobs when references are included as part of a job template. Users with permissions can activate references when creating a template or posting a job, adding them to Part 1 or Part 2 of an application, and can define the number of requested references on a job-by-job basis.
The following reference fields are available in your hiring system. The Name, Company, and Title fields are required when using references. By default, the Phone and Email fields will be set as Optional and the Instructions to Applicants will be blank.
- Instructions to Applicants: Optional
- Name: Required
- Company: Required
- Title: Required
- Phone: Optional or Required
- Email: Optional or Required
The Account Administrator can change the default fields from Optional to Required for all job templates and can include detailed Instructions to all applicants using the text editor.
- Select Applicant Elements > System > References from the menu.
- Review the reference settings:
- Add text in the Instructions to Applicants field to provide directions to your applicants. If used, this text will show on the References page of every application. Since this is an optional field, if left blank, it will not be shown.
- Select the preferred setting for the Phone field to Required or Optional.
- Select the preferred setting for the Email field to Required or Optional.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.