Education History, an Applicant Element, is used to seek educational information from applicants. These education settings are applied to all job templates and posted jobs when education history is included as part of a job template. When creating a template or posting a job, users with permissions can activate education history and designate it to Part 1 or Part 2 of an application on a job-by-job basis.
Education History Fields
The following education history fields are available in your hiring system. The School Name, Degree Status, and Major/Course of Study fields are required when using education history. By default, the From/To Dates and Comments fields are set as Optional, and the Instructions to Applicants will be blank.
- Instructions to Applicants: Optional
- School Name: Required
- Degree Status: Required
- Major/Course of Study: Required
- From/To Dates: Required, Optional, or Hide
- Comments: Required, Optional, or Hide
Education History Settings
The Account Administrator can change the default fields from Optional, Required, or Hide for all job templates and can include detailed Instructions to all applicants using the text editor.
- Select Applicant Elements > System > Education History from the menu.
- Review the education history settings:
- Add text in the Instructions to Applicants field to provide directions to your applicants. If used, this text will show on the Education History page of every application. Since this is an optional field, if left blank, it will not be shown.
- Select the preferred setting for the From/To Dates field of either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Select the preferred setting for the Email field of either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.