Employment History, an Applicant Element, is used to seek employment history information from applicants. These employment history settings are applied to all job templates and posted jobs when employment history is included as part of a job template. When creating a template or posting a job, users with permissions can activate employment history and designate it to Part 1 or Part 2 of an application on a job-by-job basis.
Employment History Fields
The following employment history fields are available in your hiring system. The From/To Dates, Job Title, Employer, and City/State fields are required when using employment history. By default, the Reason for Leaving and Job Responsibilities and Notes fields are set as Optional and the Instructions to Applicants will be blank.
- Instructions to Applicants: Optional
- From/To Dates: Required
- Job Title: Required
- Employer: Required
- City/State: Required
- Reason for Leaving: Required, Optional, or Hide
- Job Responsibilities and Notes: Required, Optional, or Hide
Employment History Settings
The Account Administrator can change the default fields from Optional, Required, or Hide for all job templates and can include detailed Instructions to all applicants using the text editor.
- Select Applicant Elements > System > Employment History from the menu.
- Review the employment history settings:
- Add text in the Instructions to Applicants field to provide directions to your applicants. If used, this text will show on the Employment History page of every application. Since this is an optional field, if left blank, it will not be shown.
- Select the preferred setting for the Reason for Leaving field of either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Select the preferred setting for the Job Responsibilities and Notes field of either Required, Optional, or Hide.
- Click Save to confirm the changes.