Initiating a Checkr background check within an Applicant File can be done after activating the Checkr Background Check Integration from the KeldairHR Marketplace and adding a Step to your Workflow. Once initiated, the applicant is notified by a Checkr email with a unique URL to provide the required background check information. Results will be returned to the Applicant's File, and authorized users will receive a notification when complete (if they have opted in) or they can see the results directly in the Checkr portal.
Initiating Checkr Background Checks
- Open an Applicant File.
- From the Stages tab, initiate the background check process by clicking on the Step name Background Check to move the applicant to that Stage and then follow the system prompts. (The Step may have a different name in your hiring system.)
- Order the background check you would like the candidate to complete by choosing an available package from the Select a package drop-down.
- Confirm the selection by clicking Send to initiate the Background Check. At this time, Checkr will send an email to the applicant containing a secure link to complete the selected package, and the Background Check Step will show the status as in-progress with an orange icon.
- Details of the ordered background check such as Package, Requested, Order Status, and Report Status will appear in the Processing section of the Applicant File Details. If the candidate has not responded, the Report Status will show as Pending.
- When the candidate receives the Checkr email, they will be required to submit all requested information per the selected package and confirm the accuracy of the provided information by agreeing to the disclosures with their electronic signature.
Evaluating Checkr Background Check Results
- When a candidate has completed the required information, Checkr performs the selected check with an estimated turnaround time of 24 hours or less depending on the depth of the search. In your hiring system, the background check Step in the Stages panel of the Applicant file will change from in-progress (orange icon) to complete (green icon.)
- Results of fully processed background checks will have an Order Status of Completed, which can be viewed from the Processing section of an Applicant File, and the Report Status may show the common statuses of Consider or Clear. If members of the hiring team have the References notifications turned on, they will receive notice of the background check completion via email.
- The breakdown of the full background check report will show in the Checkr portal. Click the link to View report in Checkr and you will be asked to log in with your Checkr account credentials before accessing any candidate's results.