KeldairHR provides the option to integrate with Gusto, the people platform for payroll, benefits, and more, in order to automate the transfer of new-hire data from the KeldairHR hiring system to your Gusto Payroll account. This eliminates manual entries, saves time, and increases overall efficiency. After you activate Gusto in your hiring system, users with hiring permissions can securely send new hire information directly to Gusto from within a job applicant's file.
After logging into your KeldairHR account, select Marketplace > Payroll from the menu. Click Learn More on the Gusto card to read about this fully-integrated feature, including the Gusto packages and pricing designed to fit your hiring needs.
Getting started with Gusto
Your KeldairHR hiring system provides two ways to set up the integration with Gusto.
Create a Gusto Account
If you don't have an existing Gusto account, follow these steps to create one:
- Click the CREATE A GUSTO ACCOUNT button.
- Enter the required user and company information.
- Click Submit to send the information to Gusto to create your account.
On average, credentialing your company takes 1-2 business days (or less). Once credentialed, you will be notified by email that your Gusto account is active and the integration is ready to use. Upon logging into your hiring system, go to Marketplace > Payroll > Gusto to see the green activation indicator. Proceed to use the hiring system-to-Gusto integration by clicking the ‘Hire’ button in any job applicant’s file.
Connect your Gusto account
If you are an existing Gusto client, your activation of this integration is instant. The moment you authorize the integration, it’s directly connected to your Gusto payroll account and ready for use.
Follow these steps to connect your existing Gusto credentials to KeldairHR:
- Click the SIGN INTO GUSTO button and log in with your Gusto credentials.
- Click Authorize to authorize your hiring system connection to your Gusto account.
- See the activation and hiring system connection confirmation. The systems are now connected and ready to use.
- Proceed to use the hiring system-to-Gusto integration by clicking the ‘Hire’ button in any job applicant’s file.
When you are notified that your company has been credentialed or instantly connected, Gusto will be activated automatically in your applicant tracking system. To confirm the activation, select Marketplace from the menu and then Payroll. If integrated successfully, the switch in the upper right corner of the Gusto card will now be turned on and set to Active. You are now ready to send new hire information to Gusto after making a hire.
Sending new hire info to Gusto
When the integration is active, upon hiring a candidate in your hiring system, members of the hiring team can choose to transfer the new-hire data to your Gusto Payroll account immediately or select not at this time.
Follow these steps to transfer new-hire data to Gusto:
- Hire an applicant by clicking Hire in their applicant file and choose to notify the job applicant of your hiring decision by sending the new hire message or hire without sending email.
- Select the best option to transfer the new-hire data
- To immediately transfer the new-hire’s data to your payroll system select “Yes, send information to gusto”.
- To return at a later time to initiate the transfer of the information select “No, not at this time”.
- Upon initiating the information transfer, a stream entry will be made in the applicant file indicating transmission success and noting the user, date, and time.
- The new hire information will then appear in Gusto’s payroll system.
To manage payroll activity, users can sign into their Gusto dashboard from the Gusto site or from the hiring system via Marketplace > Payroll > Gusto > Learn More. Once signed into the Gusto dashboard, users with access/permissions can confirm receipt of new-hire data and manage additional payroll activities.
For additional Gusto help and support visit: https://support.gusto.com