KeldairHR provides the option to integrate with APS, in order to automate the transfer of new-hire data from the KeldairHR hiring system to your APS account. This eliminates manual entries, saves time, and increases overall efficiency. After you activate APS in your hiring system, new hire information will be securely sent to APS after the Onboarding process is completed.
- Getting Started with APS
- Connecting your APS Account
- Sending New Hire Information to APS
- Working with New Hire Information in APS
- APS FAQs
Getting Started with APS
After logging into your KeldairHR account, select Marketplace > Payroll from the menu. Click Learn More on the APS card to read about the integration details.
Connecting your APS Account
If you are an existing APS client, your activation of this integration is instantaneous after completing the activation process. The moment you authorize the integration, it’s directly connected to your APS account and ready for use.
Follow these steps to connect your existing APS account to KeldairHR:
- From KeldairHR Marketplace > Payroll click Learn More on the APS card.
- Click ACTIVATE APS INTEGRATION.
- Enter the Company Code provided by APS and click Save to confirm.
A notification will appear after successfully activating the APS integration. To confirm the activation, return to the APS card from the Marketplace. If integrated successfully, the switch in the upper right corner of the APS card will now be turned on and set to Active. You are now ready to send new hire information to APS after making a hire.
Sending New Hire Information to APS
Sending Data to APS
When the APS integration is active, upon hiring a candidate in your hiring system and completing the entire onboarding process, the new hire data will be transferred to your APS account immediately.
- Hire an applicant by clicking HIRE in their applicant file and either choose to notify the job applicant of your hiring decision by sending the new hire message or hire without sending the email.
- When hired, a New Hire File is automatically created. Proceed to initiate and complete the Onboarding process.
- When all HR signed documents are finished processing, marking the the New Hire File as MARK FILE COMPLETE will send the data to APS.
- If documents are shown in a pending status, changing the new hire status to completed too soon will prevent signed documents from uploading to APS.
- Depending on the size of the data set you are transferring, it may take up to 15 minutes for completed PDF documents to be received by APS.
- When the transfer is finished, the new hire information will be visible in your APS system.
Data Fields Sent to APS
- Basic Employee Data
- First Name
- Last Name
- Full Address
- Employment Type
- Hire Date
- Mobile Phone Number
- Emergency Contacts*
- Direct Deposit*
- All PDF documents filled out by the New Hire
* These fields are optional and will be transferred if enabled.
Working with New Hire Information in APS
Approving Employees in APS
1. Log in to your APS account.
2. From the Main Menu, select Employees.
3. Initiate the new hire approval by clicking the yellow Awaiting Approval banner.
4. Find or search for an employee using the the Employee List panel.
5. Open their file and fill in any missing information.
6. Click the green Save Changes button at the bottom left of the page to confirm.
Updating Employees in APS
Following the data transfer, files in APS with a "Pending" status will need to be approved or denied. If approved, the files such as a Direct Deposit or Emergency Contacts can be updated as required.
1. From the Main Menu, select Employees.
2. Initiate updates by clicking the yellow Updates Awaiting Approval button.
2. Locate the employees you wish to update.
3. Use the button to Approve or Deny record changes for one or more items.
4. Click the green Save Changes button at the bottom left of the page to confirm.
Viewing Employees in APS
1. From the Employees page, click the Employee List.
2. Find or search for an employee using the the Employee List panel.
3. Double click an employee name to open their record.
4. All PDFs filled out by the new hire will appear in the Documents section of the employee record.
5. W-4 data can be viewed in the Taxes section of the employee record as well as viewing the actual document in the Documents section.
How long does it take to transfer the data to APS?
The New Hire data transfer to your APS system will begin immediately upon completing all onboarding requirements. Depending on the size of the data set you are transferring, it may take up to 15 minutes for completed PDF documents to be received by APS.
Why is the New Hire data not visible in APS?
If the APS integration is active, there may be a delay in information being received by your APS account or the New Hire file in KeldairHR was "Marked as Complete" while signed onboarding documents were still internally processing.