An attachment can be added to individual questions in a Standard Question Set in either Part 1 or Part 2 of the job application. When answering questions, applicants will need to download the assigned file(s), complete or sign, and then upload the document(s) before completing the remaining questions. Attachments cannot be added to questions within an AutoScore Question Set.
We recommend you include a Question Set with attachment questions as an element in Part 2 of a job template. The job boards that use "easy apply" features, such as Indeed Apply or ZipRecruiter Apply, do not support questions that have an attachment. If a question with an attachment is used in Part 1, and the application comes through Indeed Apply or ZipRecruiter Apply, the hiring team can invite the applicant to complete the partial application by collecting the missing information.
When viewing Applicant Files, only the applicant's completed attachment(s) will show. The original file(s) attached to the question can be accessed directly from the Question Set in the Applicant Elements tab. Downloaded Applicant Files containing Question Sets with attachments will display the returned file name uploaded by the applicant for reference, but not the entire contents of the attachment.
File Attachment Requirements
- File names are limited to 255 characters.
- Accepted file types include: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, .txt, .xls, .xlsx, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, and .tif.
- The size limit for any singular attachment is 5MB.
- The aggregate size limit for an entire message is 20MB worth of attachments.
Adding an Attachment to a Question
- Select Applicant Elements > Question Set from the menu.
- Open a Standard Question Set or follow the steps to create a Standard Question Set.
- Click the Add Attachment button.
- Select the file from your device and confirm.
- The file will be scanned for virus protection and attached to the question.
- Repeat the process to attach additional files to one question.
- To confirm the changes, click SAVE.