Time zones are used by the ATS to correctly display information in the system and when interacting with applicants. The selected time zone in the user’s profile or the applicant's browser settings is used to validate time-related system information such as the in-app calendar, interviews, etc.
The following are detailed examples of time zone related system interactions:
- When a user offers interview times, the hiring system will honor that user's selected time zone. For example, if a user is PST, the times offered will also be in PST.
- If scheduling an interview for a user in a different time zone, calculate the time difference between your time zone and the user's time zone, and factor that into the selected time. For example, if you are scheduling a 2 pm interview for a user who works in the Mountain Time Zone, and you work in the Eastern Time Zone, then select 4 pm. The Mountain Time Zone user will then see a 2 pm interview on his/her calendar.
- When a user views their accepted interviews from their calendar, offers interviews to other applicants, or opens the interview details pane in an applicant file, the interview times will be shown in that user's selected time zone. For example, if a user is EST, the times offered will also be in EST.
- When an applicant clicks on a link to confirm an interview, the hiring system looks to the applicant's browser settings to make the best determination of their time zone and displays the available interviews in that time zone. For example, it will display as 10:00 am Mountain Standard Time if the applicant is in MST.
- Once an interview has been confirmed by an applicant, the interview confirmation email sent to both the user and the applicant will each be in their respective time zones, either the user's selected time zone or the assigned time zone when the applicant confirmed the time. If either click on the .ics file to add the event to their calendars, it will be in their respective time zones as well.
Editing your Time Zone
A user's time zone is selected at the time of registration. However, it can be changed at any time.
- Click your user profile drop-down (upper right corner) and choose Profile.
- From the user Profile tab, click Edit.
- Use the drop-down to Select Your Time Zone.
- Click Save.
See more about Updating User Profiles.