A New Hire File is created when the New Hire Export has been configured and a candidate is moved from any workflow stage to "hired" in your Applicant Tracking System. You will work within individual New Hire Files to collect and process New Hire information as required by your organization. All hires remain tied to and associated with the job to which they've applied, and the New Hire File will link directly back to their full Applicant File. This allows an easy reference of application materials and enhanced hiring metrics.
New Hire Files
New Hire Files allow account administrators to collect additional data not provided within the application and include organizational information to be exported in one file for payroll or other HR information systems. To open New Hire Files, select Onboarding from the User Profile drop-down in the upper right corner, find the new hire, and then click their name. The New Hire File will open, and you can begin the process to complete the record.
The header of each New Hire File will contain the hire's name, onboarding details, job details (such as title, department, city, state, and zip) and application details.
The fields and values displayed within the New Hire Record are based on the configuration of the New Hire Export. For changes please contact your system administrator.
The New Hire File Explained
Users will work within individual New Hire Files to onboarding the applicant through a number of stages and steps to an ultimate hire or rejection. Applicant Files can be accessed from the Talent Tab or from the Applicant Queue within each job. The following sections are available in the Applicant File:
- Contact Information: The new hire's personal contact information, entered as an applicant, is available including first and last name, phone number, email address, and mailing address.
- Job Information: The job information section includes the job title, department, and location.
- Key Dates: The key dates of the new hire such as applied date and hired date are shown for reference.
- Profile Tools: System users can use the tools to Open Applicant File, Print File, Nudge to Complete or Export File as a CSV.
New Hire Onboarding Status
Each New Hire File displays the current onboarding status to indicate where each new hire is in the onboarding process. There are three possible statuses:
- Stage 1: Not Started: When a New Hire File is created, the status is set to Not Started.
- Stage 2: In Progress: Once a Request Completion invitation is sent, the status will change to In Progress.
- Stage 3: Complete: If all required fields are complete, the Admin must change the status to Complete manually.
New Hire System Messaging
Once configured, the HR representative can obtain supplemental information from new hires using the system messaging tools provided directly within each New Hire File.
New Hire Messaging - Request Completion
Once a hire is made, a New Hire file is created in Onboarding with an Onboarding Status set to Not Started. To collect the required information from the new hire, the admin can Request Completion to send the new hire an invitation to register and complete the necessary fields.
- From the New Hire File, click Request Completion.
- You will be presented with the Onboarding Registration message template that will be emailed to the new hire. Review and update the subject and body of the message, if desired. Click Send to initiate the request.
- Once sent, the Onboarding Status will change from Not Started to In Progress with a registered status set to No, and the new hire will receive a registration email.
- The new hire will register with the email provided in their application by creating a secure password to log in to their unique onboarding portal to complete the required information.
- When the new hire logs in to their onboarding portal, the registered status will change from No to Yes.
Note: If a new hire does not register in a timely fashion, the registration field in their New Hire File will show as No, and you can Request Completion again.
New Hire Messaging - Nudge to Complete
A nudge to complete can be used when a new hire has registered for onboarding, but has yet to complete the required fields or forms. The Onboarding Status will be set to In Progress, and the registered status will show as Yes. The admin can nudge the new hire by sending a reminder to log in and complete the required fields.
- From the New Hire File, click the Nudge icon.
- You will be presented with the Nudge to Complete message template that will be emailed to the new hire. Review and update the subject and body of the message if desired. Click Send to email the reminder.
Note: If the new hire does not log in to complete the required information, the registration status will remain set to Yes, and you can Nudge to Complete again.
New Hire Registration
When an Onboarding Request is sent from the New Hire File, the hire will receive a registration email. Once the new hire creates a password, they will be able to log in to their New Hire Portal to provide information for the required new hire fields.
The Registered field in the New Hire File will display as No when the hire has not registered and will display as Yes when they have completed the registration.
Completing & Exporting the New Hire File
The HR representative can enter company required information in the New Hire File at any time. Once the new hire provides the supplemental information, and the HR representative has completed all required fields, the Onboarding Status should be changed to Completed manually. At this point, the new hire data file may be exported by following these steps for available New Hire Export options.