Applicant Reminders are system-generated emails automatically sent to applicants when they have outstanding action items. They are designed as friendly reminders nudging applicants to complete open actions without any manual intervention needed by the HR team.
Automatic Applicant Reminders can be sent for the following outstanding actions:
- Part 2 Reminders: Nudge to complete part 2 of the application.
- Unconfirmed Interview/Event Reminders: Prompt applicants with a reminder to book their time slot for an event or interview you have invited them to.
- Job Offer Confirmation: Candidates will be reminded to confirm acceptance or decline the job offer.
- Event / Interview Reminders: Reminders are sent for confirmed interviews/events 24 hours and 2 hours prior to the scheduled event.
- Onboarding Completion: New Hires will be prompted to finish the required onboarding documents.
The Account Administrator can enable the reminders for your account and designate the desired frequency to remind the applicant until the requested action is taken. Editing Applicant Reminders will immediately update all future uses within the system. By default, Applicant Reminders are "On" and can be edited as needed.
- From the Admin menu, select System Settings and then select Workflow Helpers.
- Select your Applicant Reminder preference from the drop-down: "Yes" or "No"
- Use the dropdown to select the frequency the reminder repeats.
- Use the dropdown to select the maximum occurrences the reminder will be sent.
- Update the Applicant Reminder settings by clicking SAVE.
Each reminder has unique content associated with it. Users can update the content of each reminder in the Message Library. When updating, please note that the removal of any link or token in these emails will result in outbound reminders that will not work as designed. Please be careful when editing these emails.
Workflow Helpers sent automatically by the system will show up in the following system locations:
- The full content of the Applicant Reminder messages will be logged in the "Applicant Messages" tab of each Applicant File.
- A "System Generated" entry will be made in the Stream of applicant files to record the date, time and reminder type for every sent reminder.
- Sent Applicant Reminders will update the "Last Contact" date automatically in the ATS and Onboarding. Clicking on the date of an applicant’s or new hire's "Last Contact" will provide Stream access to preview recent interactions.
Reminders for the automated recruiting activities are designed to be intelligent and will stop being sent upon the occurrence of:
a) The requested task has been completed (e.g. Part 2 of the application is completed);
b) A terminating event has happened (e.g. the applicant was rejected or a scheduled interview has already passed); or
c) The scheduled set of reminders has run its course.